Going to College? Apply for a Maintenance Grant TODAY!
If you will be starting college (or a new course) in college next September, you can apply for a maintenance grant now. You do not need to know what course or where you will be studying to apply.
How do I apply?
- Register on www.grantsonline.ie with your PPS number.
- Log into the system and complete your application (this can be saved).
- When you submit your application, you will get a confirmation e-mail.
- Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) will contact you by post with following an initial assessment. You may be asked to post them photocopies of documents to support your application (e.g. tax certificates, proof of address etc.).
An information video about applying for a maintenance grant is available here.
Am I eligible for a maintenance grant?
There are four criteria under which grant applications are assessed, you must fulfill all four criteria. Full details are available on www.studentfinance.ie.
- You must be studying an approved course at an approved institution.
- Your gross income must fall at or below specified levels to qualify for a grant and to determine what the amount of that grant would be. Full details are available here (http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9556/check-reckonable-income-limits/index.html)
- You must have been resident in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years.
- You must hold (1) EU, EEA or Swiss Nationality; (2) Humanitarian leave to remain in the State; (3) Official Refugee status; or (4) Permission to remain in Ireland as you are married to an EU national employed here.
NB: This document does not purport to be a legal interpretation of the Student Grant Scheme 2012 and it does not cover all aspects of the measures contained therein. Copies of the Scheme and Regulations 2012 can be downloaded from www.studentfinance.ie or can be accessed from Local Authorities or Vocational Education Committees. The Student Grant Scheme and Regulations 2011 are liable to change during the academic year.