Outline Job Specification
Irish Second-Level Students’ Union Limited
POSITION: STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
This outlines the post of the ISSU Student Engagement and Development who will steer the development of research, communications and membership engagement of the ISSU.
SALARY: €24,000 pro rata p.a.
CONTRACT LENGTH: Reporting to the General Secretary and to be employed on a fixed-term contract of two years, confirmed after successful completion of a 6-month probation period – subject to funding.
WORKING HOURS: 35.00 hours (on a flexi-time basis). Occasional out-of-office hours may be required.
They will manage the daily business of the Head Office of the ISSU and coordinate the execution of ISSU policy, and is tasked with increasing ISSU membership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaising with schools and student councils to develop and expand the membership of the ISSU
- Maintain ISSU databases
- Coordinating Student Council consultation sessions
- Development of resources for student councils
- Updating and maintaining ISSU social media outlets
- Assisting the ISSU National Student Executive in fulfilling their remit
- Promotion of iConnect Card
- General administration
- Advocacy and representation
- Education policy research and report writing
- Organisational development
- A minimum of one year’s experience with a youth or student organisation;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to ISSU’s objectives;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven relevant experience;
- Some knowledge and experience of the Irish education system/voluntary/non-profit/youth work sector;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Comprehensive grasp of modern communication media;
- Motivated and driven;
- Demonstrable track record of building and developing relationships;
- Excellent copy writing, proofing, and information distribution skills;
- Excellence in communicating English in a variety of contexts;
- Excellent ICT proficiency;
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail, especially in an online environment;
- Ability and initiative to work independently and as a self starter.
The position is based at ISSU’s national office in Dublin. Hours are based on a 35.00 hour week and 21 days of holidays p.a. This post involves travel within the state with time off in lieu of working evenings/at weekends.
A high level of integrity, accountability, confidentiality, responsibility and flexible, constructive engagement is required in carrying out these duties.
The ISSU Child Protection Policy and Garda Vetting Procedures for the safeguarding of young people apply. The Irish Second-Level Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application and CV. It should be submitted by email to email@example.com with “STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER” in the subject line or post to:
Irish Second-Level Students’ Union
ISSU 9th Floor
DEADLINE : 5pm on 2nd September 2014