The ISSU Student Engagement and Development Officer will manage the ISSU National Office and will have responsibility for the communications, student engagement, research and developmental strategies of the organisation.
SALARY: €24,000 pro rata p.a.
CONTRACT LENGTH: Reporting to the Board of Directors and to be employed on a permanent contract, and subject to completion of a 6-month probation period – subject to continued funding for the role.
WORKING HOURS: 35.00 hours (on a flexi-time basis). Occasional out-of-office hours may be required.
The successful candidate will manage the daily business of the Head Office of the ISSU and coordinate the execution of ISSU policy with responsibility for communications, student engagement, research and development. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the continued development of the organisation through increasing ISSU membership, working to build on existing regional structures and supporting the work of the ISSU National Student Executive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaising with schools and student councils to develop and expand the membership of the ISSU
- Engagement with the ISSU’s membership base through nationwide school visits, student council training sessions and regional events
- Coordinating Student Council consultation sessions and other events
- Development of resources for student councils
- Education and student welfare policy research and report writing
- Updating and maintaining the ISSU’s social media outlets
- Assisting the ISSU National Student Executive in fulfilling their remit
- Promotion of the iConnect Card
- Supporting the development and growth of the ISSU
- Advocacy and representation including attending events on behalf of the ISSU, where necessary
- Maintain ISSU’s databases
- General administration and office management
- A minimum of one year’s experience with a youth or student organisation;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to ISSU’s objectives;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent proven relevant experience;
- Some knowledge and experience of the Irish education system and the voluntary/non-profit/youth work sector;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Comprehensive grasp of modern media and communications;
- Motivated and driven;
- Demonstratable track record of building and developing relationships;
- Excellent drafting, proofing, and information delivery skills;
- Excellence in communicating in English in a variety of contexts;
- Excellent ICT proficiency;
- Ability and initiative to work independently and as a self-starter;
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail especially online and in other communications;
- Full clean driver’s licence preferable.
The position is based at ISSU’s national office in Dublin. Hours are based on a 35.00 hour week and 21 days of holidays p.a. This post involves travel within the State with time off in lieu of working evenings/at weekends.
A high level of integrity, accountability, confidentiality, responsibility and flexible, constructive engagement is required in carrying out these duties.
The ISSU Child Protection Policy and Garda Vetting Procedures for the safeguarding of young people apply.
The Irish Second-Level Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application and CV submitted online via http://careers.issu.ie
DEADLINE : 5pm Monday 18th July 2016