One of the founding stones of ISSU was and is a strong belief in the benefits of partnership. As an organisation, we believe in real partnership and strive to incorporate this belief into all our projects and policies.
This means, in effect, that we will endeavour to work, liaise, and communicate in a real an effective way with all bodies that are involved in the education process. This includes all partners in education – Parents, Teachers, Principals, Managerial bodies, the Department of Education & Skills, non-governmental organisations, school staff, further education institutions and most naturally – students!
The ISSU hopes that other organisations will share this belief and will engage with us in real and meaningful partnership for the advancement of the Irish Education System for all.
The work of the ISSU is kindly recognised and supported by:
- Department of Education and Skills, Office of the Minister for Education and Skills
- Education & Teaching Unions – ASTI, TUI, IMPACT, SIPTU
- Irish Congress of Trade Unions
- National Association of Principals and Deputy Principals
- National Parents’ Council Post Primary
- National Youth Council of Ireland
- Ombudsman for Children
- School Management Bodies – JMB, ACCS, Educate Together, IVEA
- Teaching Council
- Youth Work Ireland
We would like to acknowledge the support, advice and guidance of all the aforementioned organisations.